The new Fast & Furious Twin Turbo combines a uniquely complex timepiece designed for devotees of high-performance sports cars and merges it with the iconic symbols inspired by one of the most popular movie franchises of all time – Universal Pictures’ Fast & Furious. It places four complications that have never appeared together in a watch: a twin triple-axis tourbillon, decimal minute repeater, monopusher chronograph, and pit board time difference calculator. All complications are powered by the 832-component Jacob & Co. caliber JCFM05 manual wound movement exclusive to Jacob & Co.
With this high watchmaking complexity are imagery that celebrate the highly successful Fast & Furious movie franchise. The large sapphire crystal face features imagery iconic to the first “Fast & Furious” film from 2001: a starting girl with checkered flags, behind her are hot rod cars ready to bolt – one American muscle, the other a supercharged import, above both is the Fast & Furious logo. The images capture the feeling of living life one-quarter-mile at a time. The name of the watch, “Fast & Furious Twin Turbo,” appears on the sapphire caseback that also provides a view of the hand-decorated and hand-assembled high-performance caliber.
The Triple-Axis Tourbillon is the most complicated, technically most challenging and visually most encapsulating among all tourbillons. Whereas the tourbillon was originally invented to be a single-axis, rotating platform to carry the regulating organ of a mechanical pocket watch for improved timekeeping performance, the Twin Turbo Furious brings this 220-year-old invention into the future of fine watchmaking.
Through cutting-edge engineering design and state-of-the-art manufacturing and hand-assembly techniques, the Twin Turbo Furious’ double triple-axis tourbillons have become the very ultimate solution in tourbillon-enhanced chronometric performance. Rotating and lightning fast speeds of 24, 48 and 180 seconds along the three axes of rotation, the engineering refinement of this configuration is only superseded by its visual impact: seeing purely mechanical assemblies of such refinement in such high-speed, yet accurate motion is the holy grail of ultra-fine watch connoisseur experiences.
Minute repeaters are the most prized complications by collectors and they are among the most difficult complications for watchmakers to conceive. Nevertheless, Jacob & Co. sought to push the boundaries of what was considered technically feasible when bringing the Twin Turbo Furious to life. Most minute repeaters conform to the hours, quarter hours and minutes standard, but the Twin Turbo Furious chimes on demand ten-minute intervals after the hours and before the minutes, a decimal repeater that is very rare in high watchmaking. In fact, you can count the number of manufacturers presenting decimal minute repeaters on one hand and have a few fingers left.
The Fast & Furious Twin Turbo has several unique details that separate it from other Twin Turbo Furious watches. First is the imagery, which is iconic to the first “Fast & Furious” film from 2001. It includes a starting girl with checkered flags. Behind her are hot rod cars ready to bolt. Above both is the Fast & Furious logo. The name of the watch, “Fast & Furious Twin Turbo,” appears on the sapphire caseback that also provides a view of the hand-decorated and hand-assembled high-performance caliber.Other details are performance oriented.
This is the first Twin Turbo Furious to have its reference minute displayed with an aperture at 6 o’clock. Another first is the use of titanium for several important watch functions. The silvery-colored metal known for its lightness and strength is combined with carbon to the 57-by-52mm case. It’s used for the crank handle that sets and winds the watch, and for the iconic twin triple axis tourbillons. It’s even used for the deployant buckle of the black leather strap. For the first time, Neoralithe, an innovative transparent and pure material, is put into service for the inner red ring of the bezel.
The Twin Turbo Furious is presented in an entirely unique case of outstanding visual and technical complexity, and wearing comfort that has to be personally experienced to be believed. The case measures 57mm by 52mm and is 17mm thick, including specially curved sapphire crystals on the front and the back that provide a completely unobstructed view of the exceptionally finished 832-component JCFM05 caliber. The black DLC titanium and forged carbon case alone is comprised of 88 parts.
World price: $580,000
- Movement: Manufacture Jacob & Co. Manual Winding JCFM05; Size: 34x46mm; Height: 13.7mm Components: 832; Material: Titanium; System: Double Triple Axis Sequential High-Speed Tourbillon: Internal Cage Flying: in 24 seconds; Intermediary Cage; Flying: in 8 seconds; External Cage Flying: in 72 seconds Regulator between the Triple Axis High-Speed Tourbillon Carriers; Patented Double MechanicalSafety℗ Feature During a Chiming Sequence; I
- Functions: 1. Hours, Minutes; Small Second Indicator at 9 o’clock; 2. Mono-Pusher Chronograph: Minute Counter at 3 o’clock, Centered Second Hand; 3. Reference Time: Minute displayed at 6 o’clock Aperture and Seconds displayed at 12 o’clock; Reference Time Differential, displayed by Chronograph Second Hand on Dial-Trained Pit Board; 4. Decimal Minute Repeater: Hours, 10 min. and minutes; 2 Hammers at 12 o’clock; 5. Double Triple Axis High-Speed Tourbillon; 6. Power Reserve Indicator at 6 o’clock.
- Case: Dimensions: 57x52mm; Height: 17mm; Material: Titanium and Carbon; Crystal: Anti-Reflective Domed Sapphire Crystal; Case Back: Sapphire Crystal; Crown: Titanium Crank-handle with Rubber Insert; Integrated Mono-Pusher Chronograph; Water resistance: 30m (3atm); External Parts: Complex shaped case, 88 components .
- Dial & Hands: Dial: Custom “Fast&Furious” design; Indexes with White Superluminova; Red Neoralithe Inner Ring; Hands: Rhodium; White Superluminova.
- Strap & Clasp: Strap: Black Leather; Clasp: Titanium Deployant Buckle.