This is the second year that Jacob & Co. has partnered with footballer Lionel Messi on an exclusive collection of limited-edition timepieces. The GOAT is a trend-setter, especially when it comes to watches, and this new unique piece is quite the stunner. The current collection includes a titanium Epic X Chrono Messi, one model in rose gold, and a white gold and baguette version. Now, this unique piece raises the bar, with just about every available surface set with precious stones.
The 47mm 18K white gold case and lugs are set with total of 141 carats of Baguette Diamonds, with the crowns set with single round diamonds. Even the blue mineral crystal dial is adorned with diamonds, rubies, and sapphires, while the clasp of the open-worked rubber or alligator strap is also set with baguette diamonds.
The diamonds, rubies, and sapphires put this piece in rarified company, as the expert Jacob & Co. diamond-setters are unequaled in the watch and jewelry industry. This is a tour de force of the gem-setting art, as the precious stones complement rather than overwhelm the bold X-shaped style of the Epic X Chrono. The structure of the unique white gold case can still be appreciated, making a statement on your wrist.
Lionel Messi, football’s most prolific goal scorer and arguably the best modern football player, could have chosen any watch company in the world to work with, and he chose Jacob & Co., high watchmaking’s most creative brand. He said to Jacob Arabo, the founder of Jacob & Co., when the partnership was finalized, “I’ll keep trying to do my best on the pitch and together we will realize our vision.”
This long-term partnership between two leaders of their respective fields has already created three limited editions of the Epic X Chrono Messi, incorporating the colors of the flag of Argentina, Messi’s famous number 10, his stylized “M” logo and his signature on the caseback.
Globally praised for his incredible precision and speed in the beautiful game and followed for his trend-setting lifestyle, Messi worked closely with Jacob & Co, giving his personal input and unique trademarks when designing the Epic X Chrono “Messi” Limited Edition.
“At Jacob & Co., we make sure we partner with the best in the world, or we don’t partner at all,” says Jacob Arabo, founder, Jacob & Co. “With Messi and the Epic X Chrono, we have certainly accomplished this.”
This timepiece is rough and ready, with built-in shock resistance, water resistance to 200 meters, and a high watchmaking, column-wheel chronograph movement. The bi-compax design features two chronograph subdials on the mineral crystal dial, which shows off the semi-skeletonized movement. An antireflective sapphire crystal protects it all, front and back.
This one-of-a-kind timepiece has the Messi touches, including his logo – the stylized M – on the dial at six o’clock, and his signature on the sapphire glass on the back of the watch.
The high-quality movement is a Swiss Made column-wheel chronograph movement, partially skeletonized. Controlled by two pushers (start/stop and reset), the seconds are counted by the central chronograph hand and the minutes are clocked by the right-hand subdial.
The 47mm titanium and white gold case features an anti-reflective sapphire crystal, a ceramic bezel and rubber pushers. Water resistant to 200 meters, the case also has a screw-down crown and an inner rotating bezel, controlled by the push-down crown at 10 o’clock. Every available surface of the case and bezel is hand-set with baguette-cut white diamonds.
Price on Request
- Movement: Exclusive Skeleton Column Wheel Bi-Compax Chronograph, Self-Winding Jacob&Co JCAA05; Diameter: 131/4”’ i.e. 30.40mm; Height: 8.40mm; Components: 260; Power Reserve: 48-Hours; Frequency: 28’800 vib/h (4 Hz); Jewels: 27; System: Anti-shock; Finishing: Polished Movement Bridges; Open Barrel; Column-Wheel finishes: Angled, Polished and Drawn; Anthracite Rotor with Red Lacquered Engraving “Jacob & Co Genève”, Circular Grained Bridges.
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds (Small-Second Indicator at 9 o’clock) Minute, Seconds Chronograph (Minute Counter at 3 o’clock); Centered Chronograph Hand Rotating Inner Bezel Ring Timer.
- Case: Diameter: 47mm; Height: 14mm; Components: 61; Material: 18K White Gold Case, Invisibly Set with 41 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 2.14 ct.); 18K White Gold Bezel Set with 36 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 4.92 ct.); Pushers Set With 12 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 0.51 ct.); Crowns Set With 40 Baguette Diamonds and 2 Round Diamonds (≈ 1.92 ct.)Finishes: Polished; Case Back: Blue Mineral Crystal and Sapphire Glass; Lugs: 18K White Gold Lugs Set with 48 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 6.50 ct.); Crystal: Sapphire with Anti-Reflective Treatment; Water resistance: 200m.
- Dial & Hands: Blue Mineral Crystal with Messi logo, Chronograph subdials and X shaped decoration set with 76 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 1.52 ct.); Inner Ring set with 36 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 1.67 ct.) and 12 Dégradé Baguette Rubies and Pink Sapphires (≈ 0.68 ct.); Hands: Skeleton with White SuperLuminova; Red Chronograph Hands.
- Strap & Clasp: Strap: Openworked Rubber or Alligator; Clasp: 18K White Gold and Titanium Deployment Clasp set with 22 Baguette Diamonds (≈ 1.4 ct.).
- Total Carat Weight: 289 Baguette Diamonds and 2 Round Diamonds (≈ 20.58 ct.); 12 Baguette Degradé Rubies (≈ 0.68 ct.).