Showcasing some of the most excessive creations yet, the future of fine watchmaking has arrived with a ground-breaking Knights of the Round Table Monotourbillon timepiece, and a remarkable evolution of the Excalibur Monobalancier. Determined to mark the physical return of Watches & Wonders with outstanding masterpieces, Roger Dubuis continues to elevate its art and technical mastery to new heights, always striving for excellence, and constantly challenging itself to go further.
The story of the Knights of the Round Table collection cannot be told to just anyone. One of Roger Dubuis’ most iconic, bold and breathtaking collections, each edition re-interprets the legend through the lens of Hyper Horology. Only the craziest minds dare to combine artistic mastery, horological craftsmanship and contemporary design in this way.
Now for the first time, the valiant knights of King Arthur’s legend are ready to take on the invisible force of gravity with a secret device: one of Roger Dubuis’ pride and joy , the Monotourbillon itself. Ensuring the 8th edition was worthy of representing the lucky number of the late, great Mr. Roger Dubuis himself, the move not only upends the rules of the game, it reshapes the future of Hyper Horology.
The equalising round table is key to the world of King Arthur’s legend. Though this essential set-up is non-negotiable, creating a design born from this concentric requirement provided a challenge the incredible watchmakers were not afraid to take on. Displaying true technical prowess, the Monotourbillon emerges from the centre of the timepiece in a powerful demonstration of advanced mechanics.
Becoming the shield against the gravitational force endangering the heroes and precision alike, the knights stand proudly around this iconic feat of engineering knowing they will tackle their common invisible enemy together.
Just as the twelve knights take their duty to protect the realm seriously, the Maison’s quest for peak performance is realised by expanding the diameter of the balance wheel to increase stability and ensure the movement is less sensitive to gravity’s effects. An accomplishment Roger Dubuis is proud to showcase in one timepiece: the pinnacle of its artistic collection combined with one of its signature complications.
Limited edition of 8 pieces – Boutique Exclusive – Guide Price: $620,000
- Model: Roger Dubuis Excalibur Knights of the Round Table Monotourbillon
- RDDBEX1025 – KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE MT/X
- Caliber RD115
- Manual-winding mechanical movement with flying Monotourbillon
- Central flying monotourbillon with variable inertia balance wheel, including 72 hours of power reserve
- Finishing: Shot-blasted, trued-up and circular grained plate and bridges with NAC coating
- Frequency: 3 Hz / 21’600 Vibrations per Hour
- Power reserve: 72 Hours
- Diameter lines: 16
- Thickness: 12.2 Millimeters
- Number of pieces: 277
- Number of rubies: 29
- Hour, minute
- Flying Monotourbillon
- Pink gold case with sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Pink gold open case back with sapphire crystal and metallization
- Pink gold bezel with sapphire crystal ring
- Pink gold crown with Murano glass ring
- Diameter: 45 Millimeters
- Water resistance: 3 BAR (30m)
- Sapphire crystal centre table with color blocks made of Murano glass
- 12 micro-sculpted knights in pink gold, representing the 12 knights involved in the Quest
- Double surface flange in Murano glass with polished pink gold hour markers
- Rotating sapphire crystal discs with golden blocks as hour and minute hands
- 3D calf leather strap, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS
- Pink gold cover 750/1000 with titanium blades, triple folding, interchangeable with Quick Release System – QRS