The Astronomia is the epitome of 21st century ultra-high-end watchmaking and a globally recognized symbol of Jacob & Co watchmaking expertise. A world-first both in the boldness of its unprecedented concept and its entirely mechanical construction, the Astronomia has gone beyond impressive horological achievements and has been regarded as an outstanding multidisciplinary engineering achievement.
The Astronomia Clarity is to highlight the very essence of Astronomia in the purest of ways: it presents this unparalleled cinematic sculpture by the unrestricted use of sapphire crystals – including across the entire case-back – while keeping the original Astronomia’s iconic 18K gold case frame. Its four-armed movement rotates and floats through this sapphire-bound space, finished and painstakingly refined to be admired from every angle. Full of singular watchmaking solutions and adorned with the finest haute horlogerie finishing techniques, the Astronomia Clarity has earned its reputation as an inimitable icon in the field of haute horlogerie.
The four arms of the Astronomia Clarity carry the triple-axis tourbillon timekeeping organ of the watch, the magnesium globe in hand-painted blue for a spectacular representation of Planet Earth, the exclusive Jacob-Cut 1-carat diamond with 288 facets, and the differential-leveled, skeletonized time display. This four-arm assembly completes a rotation around the center of the watch in 10 minutes, surrounded by anti-reflective-treated sapphire crystal apertures all around.
Another astounding feature of the Astronomia Clarity is how each pair of opposing arms are perfectly calculated counterweights of one another – a testament to peerless materials engineering and watch movement design. By having equal weights on these opposing arms, its axles are relieved from strain and increased pull, as the movement takes up different orientations in space.
The Jacob & Co. Astronomia Clarity Baguette comes in a limited edition of 18 Pieces whch are individually numbered.
- Movement: Exclusive Jacob & Co. Manual Winding JCAM10; Diameter: 40mm; Height: 17.15mm; Components: 365; Material: Titanium; Power Reserve: 60-Hours; Frequency: 21’600 vib/h (3 Hz); Jewels: 42; System: Triple Axis Gravitational Tourbillon; Finishing: Plate and Bridges: Hand Angled and Polished, Flank Draw, Circular Graining, Polished Sink; Polished Screws; Barrel: Circular Graining; Pinions: Conical Pinions; 4 Mechanical Ball Bearing Devices; Flat Balance Spring.
- Functions: Hours, Minutes Dial Rotating in 20 min on the Central Axis, Patented Differential Gears System; Faceted Spherical Diamond Rotating in 60 sec on 2 axes (Weight: 1 carat; 288 Patented Facets Exclusive Jacob Cut) Magnesium Lacquered Globe rotating in 60sec on 2 axes; Gravitational Tourbillion Cage Rotating on 3 axes: 1st Axis: in 60sec, 2nd Axis: in 5min, 3rd Axis: Central Axe in 20min.
- Case: 50mm; Thickness: 25mm; Material: 18K Rose Gold; Sapphire Apertures on Sides Case Back: 18K Rose Gold Bows: Winding and Time-Setting via 18K Rose Gold lift-out rotating “bows” at case back; Diamond layer Front Case: 18K Rose Gold; 342 Baguette Diamonds Invisibly Set, 16 Carats. Crystal: Unique Domed Sapphire with Anti-Reflective Treatment; Water resistance: 30m (ISO 2281).
- Dial: Magnesium Dial, Hand Angled and Polished, Lacquered Indexes; Hands: Hand Finished Gun Blue.
- Strap & Clasp: Alligator; 18K Rose Gold Folding Buckle.