Designed by master-watchmaker Jean-François Mojon, the brilliant creative mind behind all Cyrus creations, the first edition of the Klepcys Vertical Tourbillon was released in 2018 and showcases an outstandingly innovative manual winding movement driving the watch. The tourbillon cage, placed in the middle of the dial for the first time, is set on a vertical axis at a 90° angle. Painstaking studies by the technical team at Cyrus revealed that this angle ensures the tourbillon cage is almost always in vertical position when on the wrist, thereby optimising its performance in precision.
“The project took shape from the observation that the wristwatch is rather placed, for most of its time, in the horizontal position and the tourbillon mechanism produces its effect of compensating gravity when it’s in the vertical position. The collaboration and discussions with the designer Benjamin Müller led us to put the tourbillon on the vertical position and to place it in the centre of the dial. The feeling to work in the right direction was immediately reinforced by the first sketches, the balance and the elegance of the whole. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the founding of Cyrus, we decided to further enhance the beauty of this surprising mechanism, using the sapphire crystal for the case.” said Jean-François Mojon, Master Watchmaker.
To further enhance the beauty of this surprising mechanism, Cyrus Genève chooses a unique 3-D open-worked architecture for its dial and adopts, for the first time, a transparent sapphire crystal case which allows a complete view of the movement from all angles and let watch enthusiasts and collectors appreciate all its stunning details.
Composed of a total of 29 parts, the style of the 44 mm case, excluding the functional twin-crowns, has been redesigned to hide a maximum of fasteners, screws and steel elements. Some recessed edges have been slightly rounded to make machining and polishing possible without compromising on design and the strong character of this watch.
Guide Price: CHF 245,000
- Case: 44mm diameter x 19.9mm height – sapphire crystal cushion-shaped case, composed of 29 parts – sapphire crystals on both sides, with anti-reflective coating – two crowns in 18k rose gold and white rubber – 30m water-resistant
- Display: jumping retrograde hours on the left side of the dial – sweeping retrograde minutes on the right side of the dial – seconds on the tourbillon cage – power reserve displayed through a sphere set at 12 o’clock
- Movement: in-house manufacture calibre CYR625, designed by Jean-François Mojon – hand-wound – 51 jewels – 344 components – 36.4mm x 14.4mm – 21,600 vibrations/hour – 100h power reserve with two parallel barrels – vertical one-minute tourbillon
- Strap: white rubber strap with embossed prism pattern – 18K rose gold folding buckle
- Availability: limited to 10 pieces
- Reference: 539.506.ZG.A